Thursday, June 16, 2011

Family Play Date--Thursday, June 16

Today is my oldest sister, Christina's birthday.  It has always been tradition to call and be the first person to say "Happy Birthday" at midnight.  I had to set my alarm last night since I knew I would be totally passed out.  I'm so accustomed to waking up to a smiling baby; I dread waking up to an alarm every morning come August. 

Another birthday tradition is for the three sisters to eat lunch together.  I picked up the requested orders at Shrimp Boat and headed over to Katie's house.  We enjoyed lunch, brownies, and playing with all our nieces and nephews.  Jackson and Jude entertained one another.  They were seriously too cute talking to one another and holding hands.


Once home I fed and changed Jackson again and waited for Jesse to return from his dentist appointment.  I cooked dinner while Jesse finished drying and stuffing the diapers.  We've been rinsing the diapers again after the wash cycle to strip any lingering detergent from the diapers.  I also applied the 0.5% hydrocortisone cream to see if it helps his diaper reaction.  After dinner we gave Jackson a bath and doused him in lotion.  He kept making a fist and staring at us.  He looked just like a little boxer in his robe.


I still need to nurse Jackson once more, bake and decorate a cake, and tidy the downstairs before heading to bed.  We have a busy day tomorrow with more birthday festivities and out-of-town company visiting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment