Sunday, June 5, 2011

Church Potluck and Jogging--Sunday, June 5

It's been a nice Sunday, with a perfect balance of business and laziness.  Jackson slept in until 9 a.m. today.  I changed his diaper and dressed him while he continued to sleep.  Jesse and I ate our usual pancake and bacon breakfast; then I fed Jackson once he awoke.  We were on our way to church by 9:45.  (Church begins at 10 a.m. during the summer months.)  It was an especially nice experience at church because the choir was honored with single, long-stem roses and a covered-dish lunch immediately after the service.  I sure do enjoy a church potluck!  Today was the first day Jackson was passed around and held by various congregation members.  Unfortunately, I forgot the camera, but he was grinning and flirting with all the ladies.


After lunch we headed to Target.  I am a member of a teacher sorority that meets monthly and participates in various altruistic projects.  Though I was just inducted this year and do not know many of the sisters yet, they blessed us with a very generous Target gift card.  We were going to use it to buy a Britax Marathon Classic car seat that was on sale, but we waited too late.  I'm still considering using it towards a chest freezer for my breastmilk, but the only one they had in the store was huge.  I'm not sure what we'll purchase with it.

Jesse's mom, Jan, came over for a few hours.  After only sleeping a half hour over the course of 4 hours, Jackson settled in on his MiMi's chest for a nice long nap.  We enjoyed relaxed conversation.

I drove to the gym yesterday evening but it was closed.  Apparently they are only open 24 hours a day Mon.-Fri. and close at 5 p.m. on the weekends.  Jackson was still sleeping at 4:00 (two hours later) so I changed his diaper and tried to wake him up.  Of course he awoke hungry so I fed him with just enough time to make it to the gym by 4:30.  I was really proud of myself for jogging 2 miles in 23 minutes, then jogging another half mile to fulfill my 30 minute minimum cardio challenge. 

Jackson is beginning to discover his hands and mouth.  When he holds a toy (I've placed in his hand) he automatically puts it in his mouth.  When he's starting to get hungry he now sucks on his entire fist.  He is able to hold toys with both hands now, though he certainly isn't reaching for or picking up things. 


We've just settled in for Sunday night popcorn and TV.  I have a busy week ahead with something planned each day.  This is also the last week of school and I'm excited for our family to be able to enjoy summer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment