Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day--Sunday, June 19

I've been looking forward to giving Jesse his Father's Day gift ever since I completed it a week ago.  I wanted to blog about it so badly but that would ruin the surprise since Jesse reads the blog daily.  I stole the idea from my sister.  I bought the letters and frame, took dozens of pictures, and put everything together on the last day of school. 


Jesse's breakfast request was scrambled eggs and biscuits with sausage gravy.  I woke up early enough to feed and change Jackson first, then cook breakfast while Jesse showered.  After breakfast, Jesse opened his gift.


I was really surprised how much Jesse liked it.  Though he probably doesn't love me writing this, he definitely cried and hugged me for quite some time after opening it.  I don't think either one of us could have ever expected just how much we love Jackson and enjoy being a parent.


While I will forever be a Daddy's girl and it saddens me to know that Jackson is missing out on knowing an amazing man, I really wanted today to be about Jesse.  I was able to reflect a lot on my own father yesterday, so I think I was able to focus on Jesse today.  I am so proud of how hands on and loving Jesse is with Jackson; of course, I never expected anything less.  It's hard to believe it's only been ten weeks since bringing Jackson home.  It gives me great joy to watch the two of them interact.  I know I've said it before, but it really does make me love Jesse even more. 

I'm so happy to celebrate many, many more Father's Days with my two favorite boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment