Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Celebrating the Little Things--Monday, April 18

Today has been the best day of motherhood so far, full of lots of small victories.  I feel like I am finally getting the swing of things.  There was nothing eventful about our sleep last night, which is good news.  All three of us were awake and moving around by 8:30.  Our morning routine as of last has been Jesse jumps in the shower while I feed Jackson, then I jump in the shower while he takes care of burping and diaper duties. 
Here are the successes of the day:
  • Jackson ate well every 2-3 hours.  I pray he is regulating and finally getting on his own routine.  He ate from 8:40-9:00, 10:30-11:00, 1:00-1:30, 3:15-3:45, 5:45-6:15, 7:30-7:40, and 8:45-9:05.  Only one quick snack the whole day! 
  • Jackson has a belly button!  While it is slightly bittersweet to know that his last remaining visible connection to his mommy is gone, I feel so much better now that he doesn’t have disgusting, rotting skin hanging off of his body.
  • I drove to Babies-R-Us.  I know this is silly, but I haven’t driven in over a week (as advised by my OB).  I was nervous to go out on my own since I’ve been getting a little dizzy and tired when we’ve gone out.  I felt completely normal and walked at my regular pace.
  • I bought a Moby wrap.  We have an Ergo carrier but it is not recommended for infants.  I love the idea of baby wearing and I desperately want my two hands back but Jackson likes to be in our arms.  The wrap was really easy to put on but I think I should have made it tighter.  I was able to walk around, type, and read all while wearing Jackson.  He slept so peacefully for an entire hour curled up against me.
  • Dinner was fantastic.  Jesse prepared baked potatoes, chicken, and salad.  Jackson actually stayed in his bassinet without fussing throughout our entire dinner.  Best of all, I was able to semi-comfortably sit at the dinner table.  I am still taking Tylenol, but I have felt okay all day.
  • The cats are finally comfortable with Jackson.  Cowbell slept at our feet the past two nights (just like she always did).  Mr. Nibbles will curl up on the couch beside me even when I’m holding Jesse.  Neither cat has done anything more than sniff Jackson, but they aren’t hiding in another room or running everything he makes a sound.
  • I shaved my legs and painted my toenails.  I have been admiring the bones in my feet all week.  Keep in mind my feet have been so swollen that I haven’t seen my ankles or toes the past few months.  I certainly haven’t been able to reach my feet to paint my toenails.  I can almost wear my wedding/engagement ring, but not quite yet.  I got it on earlier but had a bit of a panic attack that someone was going to have to cut it off of me.
Showing off the Moby Wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment