Sunday, April 24, 2011

Two Weeks Old--Saturday, April 23

Jesse began the day at 5:30 a.m. by changing Jackson's diaper and heading to Lowe's.  In honor of Earth Day, Lowe's was giving away a tree to the first 100 customers.  We both thought it would be neat to plant a tree in honor of Jackson during his birth month.  Expecting a long line, Jesse wanted to be at the door when they opened at 6 a.m.  I asked if he was going to move the seats to make room.  I could not stop laughing when he came home and showed me the tree. 


The McCully Family came to visit today.  I've spent so much time with this family I consider myself to be part of their family.  Mrs. McCully, the lactation consultant, confirmed that Jackson and I definitely had thrush.  I am so over breastfeeding right now, but I promised myself I would stick with it for at least a month.  It's not that it is that hard, I just assumed everything would come more naturally than it has.

My closest childhood friend, Ellen, ended up staying from 1-9 p.m.  Jackson never once got fussy.  Ellen kept saying, "I could get used to this life.  Everything slows down.  This is so relaxing."  While I agree that it is relaxing when you have a beautiful infant to stare at all day, I think it's easy for an outsider to totally miss how hard it is to still have clean laundry, dinner, shower, etc--with very little sleep.  And let's not forget neither Jesse or I are working at the current moment.  Everything is easy when you have two stay-at-home parents!  I hope next week isn't too difficult for Jesse to go back to work and me to take care of everything on my own.

In between the daily grind, I'll stop and take time to enjoy this guy's tiny grip, beautiful eyes, and soft skin.  Time to cuddle with the family...

No comments:

Post a Comment