Saturday, July 9, 2011

And the Birthday Festivities Continue

The parade of birthdays continued with a joint celebration for my sister (Katie) and niece (Adriana).  I had a busy afternoon buying and wrapping a birthday gift for my niece, making and decorating a birthday cake for my sister, and entertaining Jackson while Jesse napped.  As always, Cowbell tried to offer her assistance.  There may have been some foul language said as Cowbell and I fought over the tissue paper.


Relieved to have his car back, Jesse drove us to Gastonia this evening to celebrate their birthdays.  Birthday parties in my family are really just an excuse for the many, many cousins to play together while the adults overeat and laugh. 


This was the first time that the three baby boys (Jude, Jackson, and Connor) were together.  Katie, Elizabeth, and I were pregnant together and all of our boys were born within three months of one another.


Here we are with our handsome boys:


For whatever reason, Adriana's new fascination is with red cars.  This was the first year we've been successful with a birthday gift for Adriana.  She was very excited to receive so many of them from everyone.

Jackson was swayed to sleep by one of his aunts.  Thankfully he slept peacefully the entire car ride home, had a quiet nursing session, and slept for six hours straight.  I guess he was exhausted after so much interaction with his family!

2 comments:

  1. See, chaos isn't always so bad baby Jacks! You got a nice stretch of sleep out of all that fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling Katie that Connor slept a 6 hour stretch after last night too. It was heavenly!

    ReplyDelete