Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Day Away from Baby Jack

Several weeks ago Jesse and I arranged for Jesse's parents to spend today with Jackson.  Jesse and I had originally discussed going to a movie and out to eat.  Unfortunately, God has other plans.  After seven long years battling cancer, my sister's mother-in-law, Ann, passed away last week.  Jesse's parents met us at our house this morning and Jesse and I drove an hour to attend the memorial service.  It was the most joyous service I've attended, filled with uplifting music and humorous stories from Ann's life.  A tasty lunch followed the service, then we were back on the road.

I asked my mother-in-law, Jan, to take pictures while we were away.  In the five hours they watched Jackson, the only photos taken were of Jackson and Jeff on the couch.  When Jesse tried to call to say we were on the way home they were all napping!

I thought I would been nervous leaving him but I was not at all.  I was more worried about becoming engorged and leaking milk than I was about Jackson.  I knew he was in good hands and didn't mind leaving him for several hours.  I fed him at 9 right before we left and soon after we got home around 2.  Jackson only consumed one 4 oz bottle while we were gone. 

After they left I played with Jackson on the floor.  I usually lay a blanket down that takes up the entire size of our rug.  Jackson might not be able to roll over, but the boy can grab, pull, and kick everything near him.  We don't even need toys.  Jackson begins by scrunching up the blanket in one hand, then the next hand in a matter of minutes.  He then kicks the blanket up.  This is why we must be near him at all times!



We broke down and bought a large SwaddleMe today.  This one goes up to 22 lbs.  We are having to re-swaddle Jackson multiple times a night but he still can't sleep without being swaddled.  My fingers are crossed that tonight proves to be more restful for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad Jackson did so well =)

    And what part of that lunch was tasty to you (aside from the homemade bread of course!)?

    ReplyDelete