Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Really Good, Really Bad Friday

The day was full of some really amazing and really disappointing moments.
Good
  • An old friend of mine had her baby this morning.  We went to the hospital to visit the happy family.  Their daughter is absolutely precious and the mother is doing great!
  • I stayed awake until 2 a.m. finishing The Hunger Games.  It was so good.  Then I slept until nearly 10.  Hooray for summer and a great husband.
  • While we were in Gastonia, we visited my sister, brother-in-law, and their two children.  I more or less lived with them throughout high school, so it always feels like home.
  • After trying to cancel my 12 month contract with the personal trainer, he offered to extend a promotion for 5 sessions for $99.
  • My best friend from out of town was here for the day and able to spend a few hours with us. 
Bad
  • We found out a loving extended family member is in her final hours/days battling breast cancer.
  • Jesse and I awoke in the middle of the night to an alarming sound of Jackson choking and severely vomiting.  After we both propelled ourselves out of bed, we discovered it was just Mr. Nibbles puking over the monitor.
  • After pumping 4 oz of milk this morning, Cowbell knocked the bottle off the counter while I was cleaning the breast shield.  The lid cracked on impact and my milk ended up all over the floor.
  • I spent most of the day on the phone leaving voicemails for various people trying to cancel my personal trainer contract.  (As a standard contract, I had 3 days to cancel and it was the third day.)  I never was able to talk to the right person so I'm still not sure if I have to pay all the money or not.
  • I cut up an entire cantaloupe and accidentally dropped the pyrex bowl of fresh fruit, sending cantaloupe flying and the bowl breaking into at least 50 pieces.  I then proceeded to step on a tiny shard of pyrex.
  • I was so excited to finish The Hunger Games that Jesse reserved the next novel in the trilogy.  There are 132 holds before me, so I might enjoy reading it during Christmas break!
  • After cutting calories and eating leftovers all week, I had been looking forward to our one meal out all week.  Since we were already in Gastonia, we went to my favorite Chinese restaurant.  I ordered the exact meal I had the last meal of pregnancy.  They apparently changed the recipes and the I couldn't even eat the sesame chicken it was nothing but breaded fat.  So my dinner consisted of a cup of fried rice.
  • Jackson broke out in another random rash all over his chest. 
Despite having some wonderful company and celebrations, I am tired, grumpy, and ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment