Sunday, July 17, 2011

Outdoor Worship

Today's church service was held at a local park.  There was a great turn out and the weather was gorgeous.  After several weeks of 95+ degree heat, the past few days have been amazing!  The sermon topic was a very simple message reminding us to find worship opportunities everywhere and to know that God surrounds you where ever you go. 

The service was followed by a delicious cookout and a family friendly softball game.  I've met every fat/protein/carbohydrate/calorie goal this week on SparkPeople, but I seriously doubt I will today.  After eating chips, a hot dog with chili and slaw, baked beans, and two brownies, I felt a bit guilty tracking my nearly 1,000 calorie lunch when I got home.  Oh well.  Honestly, I was proud of myself for refraining from eating a second hot dog, potato salad, and pie. 

I absolutely love our small church.  Lately I've been worrying about our church not offering small group Bible studies, childcare at more events, and mission trips.  There are very few children in our church and I worry about youth group opportunities for Jackson as he grows older.  Then we have choir or church picnics with such great fellowship that I know Jackson is in the right place for now and will always be surrounded by love in this congregation.  We finally set his baptism day for July 31- two weeks from today. 

Those that know me well know how obsessive I get over pictures and scrapbooks, so naturally I brought our Shutterfly photo book with us today.  Numerous people oohed and ahhed at the book and cuddled with Jackson.  I was disappointed with our photography for the day.  Taking pictures was an afterthought for me and Jesse became increasingly annoyed.

I was thankful that we decided to use the stroller my oldest sister gave us instead of carrying him in the Ergo.  Though there was plenty of shade, we didn't stay for the softball game as Jackson was getting cranky and fighting sleep. 

Later in the afternoon Jesse's mom came to visit.  Jackson's irritability quickly turned to amusement once we brought out Ducky and Big Mama and played on the floor.


We'll conclude our Sunday with traditional popcorn.  I know Jesse has happily adjusted to fatherhood.  His beer mug is used to chill root beer; he looks forward to watching Cops after Jackson goes to bed; and he has issued a no-pants rule after hours.  Hahaha...what a life!

  Cheers to a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment