Saturday, July 2, 2011

Birthday Lunch, Playdate, and More Job Prospects

Our entire family was wide awake and talking to one another from 4-5:30 a.m.  I don't know why Jackson wasn't tired, but he kept us awake.  Jesse went to check his e-mail and discovered he had an interview request for a local high school.  I think Jesse and I were too excited about trying to add yet another possibility to next year's childcare and finances equation. 

On Friday my sisters and I enjoyed a long birthday lunch at home.  I devoured my requested Japanese food for my birthday.  (My birthday isn't until Sunday, but we celebrated a bit early.)

We put the babies down for tummy time.  Lucy tried to encourage Jackson and Jude modeled how to be a big boy.  As usual, Jackson was perfectly content lazily laying on the blanket.  I also tried to coax Jackson to roll over once we put him on his back, but we has entirely too distracted by Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. 


We all took turns passing around and entertaining children.  Technically these next two pictures of Jackson, Jude, and Katie were taken last week, but I forgot to share them and they are quite cute. 

Jesse of course was stranded at home for several hours while I was in Gastonia.  It is now going on SEVEN weeks since Jesse's wreck.  The insurance only covered a rental car for 30 days, so we are back to one car.  I don't know what the hold up is, but the repair shop is calling and making delays every single day.

Since Jackson had so much fun with his duck yesterday, we brought out Build-a-Bear frog, aka Colonel.  Jackson was yet again infatuated with the stuffed animal and was probably confused why the frog wasn't talking back.
After dinner we had a visit from MiMi and PaPa (Jesse's parents) for a few hours.  Jackson was tired so we put him to bed shortly after they arrived.  Among many other topics, we discussed our job options and various scenarios for next year.  I have accepted a job in CMS but I am still waiting to hear about one more job in another county.  Those are definitely my top two contenders.  Now it's Jesse's turn to interview.  I know whatever is meant to be will be.  I just hope God and I are on the same page right now!  ; D

No comments:

Post a Comment