Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The J-Man Blogs

It's been a big day in the Harwood house.

Finally, Bonnie got the phone call that my car's repairs were completed after almost two months of being in the shop. Parts and labor ended up being almost $10,000. We both feel a little better now that we don't have to rely on one car.

List of Replaced Parts on the Scion

The White Stallion Returns!

Feeling confident that my car was better than ever (most of the parts on the vehicle are new now), I headed to a job interview at Jay M. Robinson High School in Concord. Having this job would be an ideal situation for many reasons:
  1. It would be easier to have my father watch Jackson while Bonnie and I both work full time jobs.
  2. Bonnie would not have to pay for my insurance coverage.
  3. My commute time would be cut by 2/3 from what it was the previous two school years.
  4. I would not be working for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.
Knowing full well the intricate and sensitive laws of jinxing something that you really want, I will tread lightly from this point forward. I felt that the interview went well. I will hear back around the middle of next week about whether or not I got the job. That is all.

At home, I have been trying to introduce Jackson to some of the things I love the most. We always listen to music. Someday, he'll have taste in music indepdent from mine, but until he can walk away and listen to something else, I'm the one picking the playlists. Recently, we purused Rolling Stone's list of the 70 greatest Bob Dylan songs (in honor of Bob's 70th birthday).

We Debate the Best Dylan Song

Indeed, it has been a big day in the Harwood house.

1 comment:

  1. That last pic is seriously awesome. Keep up the good work J-man.

    ReplyDelete