Sunday, May 8, 2011

4 Weeks Old--Saturday, May 7

I am so much more relaxed when I'm not the only one in the house taking care of Jackson.  Even though Jesse was outside doing yardwork, showering, and going to the grocery store, it was still comforting to know I could easily get a hold of him or run outside.

We had a really nice day that began with sleeping in until 9 a.m.  Our church was having a community wide yardsale with live music and lunch.  I wanted to leave around 11 but Jackson wanted to eat.  Then I needed to pump and change his diaper, which put us behind half an hour.  (This is why I am scared to make an appointment somewhere because his eating isn't really on "schedule" and I just don't know how to manage my time around him.)  Anyway, we had a great time socializing with church friends, browsing through remaining yard sale items, listening to music, and eating.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous, but pretty warm, so we kept Jackson in the jogging stroller. 

Enjoying hot dog lunch under the shade
My colleague came by to visit and bring us a Kentucky Derby Pie.  As a Kentucky native, is it her tradition to bake this pie during Derby weekend.  For the past three years I've enjoyed a slice of her homemade pie so I was pleasantly surprised when she brought us one!  I was proud of myself for successfully using my nursing cover with company without thinking or feeling awkward.
We were going to go out to eat at a Mexican restaurant since I had been craving it from Cinco de Mayo.  I was proud of myself though by suggesting we eat leftovers to save money since we're going out of town next weekend.  We all curled up on the couch and watched a movie before getting ready for bed.

Random update on the cats:  Mr. Nibbles is no longer shy around Jackson.  He is very gentle and does not claw or hiss (unlike Cowbell), but he could potentially smother him!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment