Saturday, May 28, 2011

Seven Weeks Old--Saturday, May 28

Jackson slept from 9 p.m. until 2 a.m., nursed, then slept from 2:20-6 a.m!  I am considering introducing the crib when he is 8 weeks old, which is one week from now.  This seems to be the age when most people transition to the crib.  We'll try to get him to sleep in the crib the first 4-5 hour stretch, and then put him in the bed with us afterwards.  I say this is the plan, but both Jesse and I are dreading putting Jackson in the crib.  I love having him between us.  I just don't want him sleeping between us when he is a toddler.

Jesse mowed the lawn before it got too hot while Jackson and I played and ate inside.  Suddenly Jesse came in hollering, "We need to move!  They've found us!"  I clearly had no clue what he was talking about until I actually saw him.

One of Jesse's biggest fears--SNAKES!
I've been on the search of brewer's yeast to make lactation cookies.  (Trader Joe's, GNC, and Vitamin World don't carry brewer's yeast.)  The recipe is simple enough but I didn't have any of the important ingredients like brewer's yeast, milled flaxseed, or wheat germ.  Jesse drove Jackson and I half an hour away to the closest health food store that carried these ingredients.  Jesse was also on the search for lavender and tea tree oil to put in our cloth wipes solution.  Jackson seemed captivated by the various items on each shelf.  He was so alert and content, rarely looking away from the shelves.


Unfortunately he wasn't nearly as captivated by the car ride home!


After we returned home Jesse made slaw and began dinner preparations while I fed and changed Jackson.  Jesse also practiced his photography skills on the floor while Jackson and I had tummy time.


I am finishing up the blog and Jesse is grilling hamburgers and hotdogs.  So ready to enjoy dinner, dishes, and cuddling.  Hooray for 3-day weekends and an amazing family!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure how I came across your blog, but I'm glad I did. Nice to know how life is treating you! Jackson is adorable!

    ReplyDelete