Wednesday, May 18, 2011

When Did I Become Crunchy?--Wednesday, May 18

I could seriously cuddle with this kid all day. 


I always predicted I would be a very regimented mom who would make my baby sleep in the crib and let him cry it out.  Even with my students, I've never been very nurturing.  I rarely even let my kids hug me.  I don't veer from rules and discipline.  I never envisioned myself so passionate about cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, and natural childbirth.  And yet, I can't begin to estimate how many hours I've spent reading and educating myself on these topics. 

Before reading The Happiest Baby on the Block I was concerned about spoiling Jackson and making him overly dependent upon me.  But the truth is, he is solely dependent upon me right now.  I am the number one person who feeds, dresses, and cleans him.  I was his life support for 9 months and I will continue to care for all of his needs.  So if he wants to mold onto my chest and take a nap, I am happy to let him. 

Jackson is destined to be a momma's boy.  Jesse teases me that I will never like any girl Jackson's tries to date and God help when he wants to get married.  I am already terrified at the thought of him joining the military or moving far away.  I want to enjoy all these years being the number one woman in his life because I have a feeling it is going to go by too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment