Monday, May 2, 2011

Home Alone--Monday, May 2

Last night I was feeling miserable so I drove to the Harris Teeter right by the house to get some cold medicine.  Apparently I purchased and consumed Nighttime Tylenol Cold.  I was passed out!  Not in a good way either, because last night was my first night solo with Jackson.  Jesse and I agreed that I would feed, change, suction, burp, rock, etc Jackson on weeknights since he needed his sleep.  I have no clue if Jackson cried or not but I literally didn't budge from 8:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m.  I did the nightly routine, took more medicine (label said I could take it every four hours), and fell back asleep.  I fed Jackson again around 4:30 a.m.  Jesse showered, dressed, ate, and was out the door by 6 a.m. while Jackson and I continued sleeping until 7 when we officially woke up.

I was just praying he would keep sleeping.  I was so groggy and dazed.  I still felt terrible but I went downstairs to fix breakfast and begin our day.  I put Jackson in the swing while I fixed my bagel and juice.  He was so content I decided to organize our pantry.  Our pantry is a nightmare.  I had to take everything out of it and just start over.  I even labeled the shelves.  Then I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher.  Jackson was still having a great time in the swing and I ended up pushing my luck by taking a shower.  I was in there no more than 10 minutes but he was screaming bloody murder by the time I got out.  I threw my robe on and he immediately stopped crying as soon as I held him.  I still felt terrible so I called and cancelled our chiropractor appointment for this morning. 

Organized Pantry
Jackson needed me every second of the day.  He literally gnawed at his fist, my boob, or the pacifier for a solid 5 hours.  He ate hourly, despite me trying to delay feeding and buy time with the pacifier.  After one of his feedings he spit up six times.  (He didn't spit up after the other feedings.)  He's unable to put the pacifier back in his mouth so I had to keep putting it back in because he would cry once it fell out.  I tried the swing, bassinet, bouncer, ergo carrier, rocking, swaying, feeding, changing diapers, pacifier, laying on the bed with him...everything under the sun!  At one point we both just cried for a good 15 minutes.  I read about the Purple Period of Crying and tried to follow the steps to soothe him.  I held him in the "colic hold" and that helped for a while.  He was content for about 10 minutes with everything I tried, then he would cry again.  I am exhausted and I feel defeated!  When is Jesse coming home????

Colic Hold

No comments:

Post a Comment