Monday, May 16, 2011

Do You Want Some Cheese with that Whine?--Sunday, May 15

I strongly recommend the Rest Assured Sleeper.  Between our new co-sleeper and the swaddling, I've been sleeping much better.  I still wake up to feed and change Jackson around 1:00, 3:30, and 6:00, but I am able to sleep soundly in between feedings without being kicked, cramped, or worried about rolling over my child.


King Size Bed--Room for the Whole Family


The smallest things have seemed to upset me today...

We began our day with the usual Sunday breakfast.  I was disappointed to discover that Jesse accidentally used vinegar instead of oil when making hash browns.  Yuck!

It was my turn to sing in the choir, which meant Jesse held Jackson in the pew until I came down from the choir loft.  I prepared a bottle just in case, which was good since Jackson ended up eating it all.  The pastor commented to me, "Jesse is a great father.  Jackson hardly cries when he is with him."  In my mind I thought, "I didn't know crying was equated with poor parenting.  Does he not think I'm a great mother?"  I know the pastor was just complimenting Jesse, and I totally agree that he is an amazing father.  I just think he could have phrased that better.

For whatever reason Jesse has been craving Arby's roast beef sandwich so we went through the drive through after church.  I ordered a chicken salad sandwich but was upset to discover they gave me a turkey sandwich with mustard, mayonnaise, and onions (all of which I loathe). 

After lunch we went to Wal Mart to buy one of those dishwasher baskets that you put the bottle nipples and lids inside.  Washing bottles has become a pain now that we're giving Jackson a bottle every day.  Jesse ran into Babies-R-Us to get a wipe warmer and cloth wipes while I went to the neighboring Ross to look for some clothes.  I'm so tired of the maternity clothes being too loose and my old clothes being too tight.  I spent about 30 minutes of hell trying on dozens of skirts, pants, and shirts to little avail.  In ten months my chest increased from a size C to DD and pants changed from size 8 to 14.  I still think I look okay, but I'm getting more and more frustrated trying to get dressed each morning.  I did purchase one pair of long shorts that were somewhat flattering. 

Once home, we planned our menu for the week ahead.  Jesse went grocery shopping while I fed and changed Jackson, folded laundry, and changed the sheets.  Nursing while sleeping creates some nasty sheets (think breastmilk, spit up, sweat).  I helped to put away groceries when Jesse returned.  Instead of loose kernels he bought microwavable popcorn.  While this seems ridiculously petty, I nearly cried because I wanted our usual popcorn cooked on the stove.  After fighting back tears over a disappointing breakfast, lunch, and clothes shopping trip, I made Jesse call his mother and ask her to pick up popcorn while she was out.  My mother-in-law and sister-in-law were already on their way to visit, so it wasn't a completely ridiculous request.   My sister-in-law brought all kinds of goodies for Jackson and I, so thoughtful!

Our evening ended with the usual tradition of popcorn and Extreme Makeover Home Edition.  Jesse has ever so kindly reminded me that I'm on night duty again...as if I need reminding, considering I am ALWAYS on night duty...AND day duty.  Thanks, dearest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment