Monday, May 9, 2011

A Productive Day--Monday, May 9

Last night I broke down and slept in the guest bed with Jackson.  I so do not want to become one of those couples who sleep in different beds, but I can't sleep in my bed.  The SnuggleNest was great for a month but he is so squirmy and long that he can kick and pivot himself until he is completely sideways.  I end up just putting him beside me in bed and giving myself about six inches to sleep while I hang off of the bed.  I don't really see the point in having him sleep in the crib or bassinet when I would have to physically get out of bed and pick him up to nurse every 2-4 hours.  I decided to just take him to the guest bed where we both had plenty of space.  All three of us slept great.

Today has been a very relaxed, productive day.  I had this seemingly never ending list of tasks that I had been putting off, including sending birth announcements and thank you cards, filling out Jackson's insurance paperwork for the hospital, scheduling well check-up doctor appointments, responding to dozens of work e-mails, etc.  Of course these things were in addition to the mundane tasks of washing dishes, laundry, and cleaning.  None of the chores were particularly time consuming or difficult, but it feels great to cross those things off my list.

It is fascinating for me to watch Jackson's development.  He is really good at following voices and objects with his eyes.  He's also more aware of his hands and is beginning to grasp things.  I got really excited when I saw him grabbing for one of the toys on his bouncer today.  I put his fingers around the ring and he started to pull himself up.  (Obviously he wasn't strong enough to lift his whole body, but he definitely had a strong grip and lifted his head, neck, and shoulder.)


Jesse spoiled me this evening by cooking dinner and watching Jackson for 20 minutes while I went to get my eyebrows waxed.  I could care less about my clothes, hair, or nails, but I hate when my eyebrows are not groomed.  We are now leisurely sitting on the couch watching TV.  What a life...  : D

No comments:

Post a Comment