Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Solo Outing--Tuesday, May 3

As soon as Jesse got home yesterday I just cried and handed him Jackson.  I was so aggravated, sick, and sleep deprived!  I cooked dinner, took more cold medicine, and went to bed.  Jackson woke up every 2 hours last night, which is fairly frequent for him.  We were up and moving by 7:30 this morning.  I promised myself I would drive somewhere today with Jackson.  I really did feel trapped in the house yesterday, mostly because I'm too scared to leave.  I don't know why!

Chick-Fil-A had a National Teacher Appreciation Day and were giving free chicken sandwiches out if you showed your teacher badge.  Immediately after nursing and changing Jackson's diaper, I loaded him in the car seat, grabbed the Ergo carrier, and headed out the door.  I parked, put him in the carrier, and proudly went inside carrying my child and ordering my free lunch.  I also had a $5 off coupon for a 3-pack of Avent bottles so I walked across the parking lot to Babies-R-Us.  Jackson ate okay from the BreastFlow bottle but he still wanted to nurse afterwards each time.  I've read that the Avent bottles are fairly compatible and many breastfed babies love them.  I hope he's one of them!

Unflattering proof that we saw daylight today!
I drove back home just in time to meet the Pest Control people.  We pay for a service to come quarterly to spray the perimeter of the house and if we see any unwanted creatures at anytime during the year they will take care of it.  The man was there for an entire hour.  I had to use my nursing cover to feed Jackson on the couch.  Unfortunately we discovered that we have termites!  The company is sending someone else out at 8 a.m. tomorrow to spot treat the section and Jesse and I have to decide if we want to upgrade our monitoring to include termites (which is way more expensive). 

I had a low key afternoon, which included watching TV, washing dishes, and washing/drying dirty diapers.  I was able to pump 3 oz and feed Jackson at the same time.  After dinner Jesse gave Jackson the Avent bottle and Jackson consumed the entire 3 oz in 15 minutes, which is about how long it takes him to finish one breast.  I hope we can get him to comfortably take both the bottle and breast.  So far I haven't frozen any milk.  I've only pumped a few ounces worth each day to get Jackson comfortable with the bottle.  I'm trying to increase my milk supply so that I will be able to have additional milk to store.  Yesterday's cluster feedings just about did me in though!

Daddy feeding Mr. Piggy

I'm hoping Jackson sleeps longer stretches tonight, but I still hope he can nap tomorrow.  Who knows what is in store for us tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment