Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Joining the Gym--Tuesday, May 31

Jackson and I were wide awake and talking at 7 a.m. this morning.  This was his third night sleeping in the crib from 8/9 p.m. until 6/7 a.m. with two night feedings.  I ordered The Happiest Toddler on the Block DVD for half off on BabySteals the other day.  It also came with a white noise CD to use during the night to promote better sleeping.  Jesse downloaded it on his iPod and we played that last night.  I'm not using it again because Jackson didn't sleep any longer and all I could hear on the monitor was "utero sounds" and static, making it difficult to hear Jackson. 

Our day wasn't terribly exciting.  Housework included washing a load of baby clothes and a load of diapers, folding clothes, stuffing diaper inserts, soaking and rolling the cloth wipes, and unloading the dishwasher.  Jackson had a massive diaper blowout which resulted in an impromptu bath.  I watched Rent on TV and sang and danced with Jackson.  (I literally know every word to every song after falling in love with it on Broadway seven years ago.)  Jackson and I had brief tummy time.  We had our usual story time and I let Jackson "play" (aka hold) with his first toy today.  I always read to Jackson with him propped up in the recliner so he can see the pictures.

People generally comment about how alert Jackson is.  I think it's just because he opens his eyes really wide and focuses on specific objects.  Since I've posted pictures of him smiling, furrowing his eyebrows, and crying, I thought I would post his typical gaze.

After dinner I went to the local Sport & Fitness gym.  Jesse is an inactive member at this gym and I know they offer discounts for CMS teachers.  I went ahead and joined because it is the cheapest membership fees around and there's no starting fee.  I really want to go to the gym around 9:30 every morning because they offer Zumba classes Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday and a strength training class with weights on Monday/Wednesday/Friday.  I wanted to check out their "Child Watch" to see if I would be comfortable bringing Jackson.  When I went on the tour I asked the nursery worker what their policy was on bottle feedings and diaper changes.  She was quick to smirk, "We don't do that.  This is Child WATCH."  There was a young baby screaming in a tiny play pen in the corner the entire time.  I guess I won't be taking any morning classes until Jesse is off work for the summer!

Jesse was in an incredibly pissy mood all day.  We fought over finances at dinner and at one point he said, "This is what is going to make us separate."  Umm, I didn't know we were going to separate?  I guess the stress of end of year, teaching a tough group of kids, and fatherhood has taken its toll.  Jackson refused a bottle while I was gone to the gym and ended up fussing most of the time.  I think that was the icing on the cake for Jesse.  Time for the boys to go to bed so I can have some peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment